PFTrack to Houdini 14 - View Roto is missing

3911   5   1
23 posts
Hello, I saw some older tutorial about How to import tracking data into Houdini 10 https://vimeo.com/17870587, [vimeo.com] run created PFTrack script, all is imported ok. But I can't get to see a background movie for my camera even if I have under viewport options enabled bg inages and also loaded bg movie in camera node under view tab. On Camera node > Edit parameters - there is no option to add a View Roto.
How are you doing to see backgroung camera movie in viewport and render?
Thanks for an answer…
Staff
5161 posts
Use the Background Image parameter on the camera instead of the (now obsolete) View Roto parameters.
23 posts
I tried that as I wrote. I have Cam1 -> View tab -> ticked Enable Background Image -> and set the Background image path to my blabla.mov file. Also just to be sure in viewport -> D for Display options -> Background tab -> ticked Display Background Image. And nothing. No video in viewport or render…
11 posts
Why no one has replied to this one?
I just stumbled on the same problem.
Only single image works. No .movs, no IMG seq.
View Roto is gone ages ago. So how to view video with tracked points?
Thank you
459 posts
Hi
File sequences works fine here but quicktime doesn't.
Make sure you use “$F4” instead of the actual frame number when you load file sequences. If you tick “Show file sequence as one entry” in the file dialog before you click on the file, this will happen automatically.

-b

PS:
Just a friendly tip: If nobody answers a post here, ( which is not unusual ) it's probably because people are too busy or don't know or don't want to or some other perfectly legit reason.

Read the manual, search the net, use your imagination and figure it out yourself so you can help the next guy, or go and have a couple of beers. I don't know. If you want direct answers, Sesi support is your best bet. They are very responsive and very helpful.

In my opinion this forum is on of the best software forums i have ever used. Frequented by beginners in one end and super advanced professionals in the other. Everybody try to help the best they can and the tone is usually very polite and friendly.

Well, enough of me “mini ranting” Hope you figure it out.
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
11 posts
Thanks for the reply.
My mistake was quite stupid. My IMG sequence wasn`t starting on frame one, because of the time code on footage. Exported the sequence with proper time code. and starting from a frame 001. and everything worked perfectly

bonsak
Hi
File sequences works fine here but quicktime doesn't.
Make sure you use “$F4” instead of the actual frame number when you load file sequences. If you tick “Show file sequence as one entry” in the file dialog before you click on the file, this will happen automatically.

-b

PS:
Just a friendly tip: If nobody answers a post here, ( which is not unusual ) it's probably because people are too busy or don't know or don't want to or some other perfectly legit reason.

Read the manual, search the net, use your imagination and figure it out yourself so you can help the next guy, or go and have a couple of beers. I don't know. If you want direct answers, Sesi support is your best bet. They are very responsive and very helpful.

In my opinion this forum is on of the best software forums i have ever used. Frequented by beginners in one end and super advanced professionals in the other. Everybody try to help the best they can and the tone is usually very polite and friendly.

Well, enough of me “mini ranting” Hope you figure it out.
  • Quick Links