Request: Houdini Indie GameDev Edition

2687   7   0
6 posts
Similar to current indie edition but without the rendering/vfx features. Basically, only the features most game devs are likely to use with Unity or Unreal. I.e., modeling, animation and plugin support for popular third party tools.

Perpetual license for $150, sold through Steam. Annual upgrades for 33% cost of base license.

What do you think?
8554 posts
Rubick
Similar to current indie edition but without the rendering…
are you saying that you can live without the new Baking workflow for game dev?
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
13 posts
What new baking workflow? Please point me in the right direction!
Staff
3455 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini15.0/nodes/out/baketexture [sidefx.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
66 posts
The current indie license is perfect for indie game devs. I don't see a reason to add another license with even more limitations.
13 posts
arctor
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini15.0/nodes/out/baketexture [sidefx.com]

Thank You sir! Now if I can finally get my animations for my characters to work in Unreal I would be a happy camper using Houdini Indie. Exporting characters with animation through fbx doesn't seem to work because only the mesh and Rig show up but no animation. I also followed unreals guide to importing animations and it still won't show. :?
6 posts
Lyr
The current indie license is perfect for indie game devs. I don't see a reason to add another license with even more limitations.

Well, to be honest, all I really want is some kind of perpetual license on Steam.
2 posts
Rubick
Lyr

Well, to be honest, all I really want is some kind of perpetual license on Steam.

me too :roll:
  • Quick Links