is there way i can Ctrl + C then Ctrl V copy faces

1920   3   0
91 posts
is there way i can Ctrl + C then Ctrl V copy faces (primitives Houdini calls them) from select faces pasted them into group node eg (pattern)

I am having hard time selects and then uses faces i want, because all depends node pull of shelf or your in main window or object windows

or is there way set up and Hot key so will make a group node with selected faces ? ( or mouse right mouse right click menu ) both would be great
2539 posts
Just make your selection and then click on the Group tool under the Model tab along the top of the interface. This will create a group node and populate the pattern field with your selection.

If you really need a copy of the original or new group you can split the network as you see fit.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
3455 posts
I'm sure something like this was possible but I can't find it now…
anyway
RFE #72209
allow copy/paste of selection string….
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
91 posts
thank you both but after reading Enivob did bit more searching you gave me the idea see if there hot key for shelf item so searching the forum i found this work perfect

what Doudini said here see URL

but instead of “materials”

i just add “group” made hot key (you do need make a new custom shelf add the item you want to add keyboard short cut )

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=38238&sid=6a7e400b24cf92ac4f665dd19007084d [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links