Where to find transferred attributes

2530   1   1
5 posts
Hello, I was looking on some topics and did not find right answers for my problem.

Basically, I made simulation in Houdini, Tiger walking in mud and water, something like variable viscosity (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BysDUaTW1bs5QnhCZ1g3RlRrT3M/view [drive.google.com]). I need that in maya to be rendered with Vray.

I manage to import in Maya in two ways, vray proxy and digital asset. Digital asset is made of particle import, than VDB create and after that, Poly from VDB and attribute transfer, and I transfer, P,Cd and viscosity. Everything works fine, I also see colors in my maya viewport, but that is hardwer thing I guess…

Question is, how can I take and where to find that color attributes and viscosity attributes? I see them in maya attribute editor, like extra attributes, but i can't do anything with that…

Any suggestions?

Thanks
818 posts
The colors are stored as colorsets in meshes that Maya recognizes, which is why they show up in the viewport. Any typical Maya tools that support using colorsets would be able to access the colors. For example, you could use the polyColorPerVertex MEL command to query the colors. If the renderer supports using colorsets, then you'd also be able to use the colors during render.

For any other attributes, Maya doesn't actually recognize it as part of the mesh. Maya simply sees them as arbitrary data that's on the node. One way to access these values is to use getAttr to can get the values. Some renderers could also read these attributes, and use them during rendering.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links