Renaming uv-sets in Houdini

3478   4   2
45 posts
Hello!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to rename my uv-sets in Houdini.

I attempted to create an attribute rename sop node and rename it from there, however, unfortunately the uvs just seem to disappear completely if I do that. It won't show up when I export either.

I was also wondering if perhaps I could get in contact with someone through an IM, such as facebook messenger or skype as I find myself to have a lot of small quick questions and it feels like I am bloathing the forums with small silly things such as this.

I do ofcourse always refer to the net and the docs if I am stuck for longer periods of time, but I do not always find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks!

Best regards
//Morgan
7025 posts
Attribute Rename is the correct way to do it… make sure you are specifying Point or Vertex attributes correctly.
45 posts
pbowmar
Attribute Rename is the correct way to do it… make sure you are specifying Point or Vertex attributes correctly.

I can only guess that it worked since they did get renamed, however I can no longer see the uvs in the uv-viewport and when I export this object my uvs are not there at all.

Attachments:
uvmap gone in uv editor.png (532.1 KB)

7025 posts
I may be wrong but I think the UV viewport has an unfortunate hard-coding of just looking for “uv” and “uv2” etc.

You can put a rename on and just display the rename to temporarily see them. Not a super smooth workflow though.

Ah wait, in H15 the new Visualizer stuff might be helpful. Take a look in the docs, I think you might be able to use that to view any named attribute. I don't know if it works in the UV viewport though for what you'd want.
45 posts
pbowmar
I may be wrong but I think the UV viewport has an unfortunate hard-coding of just looking for “uv” and “uv2” etc.

You can put a rename on and just display the rename to temporarily see them. Not a super smooth workflow though.

Ah wait, in H15 the new Visualizer stuff might be helpful. Take a look in the docs, I think you might be able to use that to view any named attribute. I don't know if it works in the UV viewport though for what you'd want.

Got exporting to work this time around atleast after having renamed them. However, the uv-sets only show up as uv and uv2 anyways. Hah!

Will take a look at the visualizer stuff, might be useful for other things even if I do not get this to work like I want it to.

Edit: Err, nevermind, I forgot to tick the bypassed attribute rename node back on. My uvs do get lost somehow after renaming them through the attribute node for all intents and purposes.
  • Quick Links