Best way to make changes to Digital Asset

1334   0   1
2043 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if the way I am making changes to my Digital Asset is the “usual” way or am I missing something.

Everytime I add a new parameter to my digital asset the warning in the screenshot below comes up.

I have found the only way that I am able to make the changes is to make sure “save spare parameters” is checked and then press the middle button of the warning message - “revert layout”.

I then press accept, and the same warning message comes up again so I press revert again, then the Operator Type Properties window will close for me.

I made a whole folder catagory of about 20 paramters this way and when I tried creating a blank file and imported my digital asset everything worked fine.

So then I tried making another folder catagory the same way of different parameters and saved the changes the same way as stated above with the warning dialogue box.

But this time when I imported the digital asset into a new file only the first folder catagory of parameters still worked, but although the new second folder of parameters where there, all their “embedded” script expressions where missing.

In messing around to find out what was going on I inadvertadely turned my “CHOP” node red. I think I turned it into some kind of asset.
This CHOP node lies within “VERTICE_CONTROLLER” which is my digitial asset.

So I have 2 questions.

In regards to getting the warning message ( the one with 3 button choices in the screenshot ). Is this the normal process in making changes to a digital asset?

The other is, I can't seem to change the “CHOP” network node back to blue like it was before. Any suggestions on how to do that?

thanks for any feedback.

Attachments:
M.jpg (187.4 KB)

• Quick Links