Best way to pull water to one spot.

2144   3   1
26 posts
I currently have a small sphere in the center of a much larger torus, I want to emit particles from the torus and have them all pulled toward the sphere eventually colliding with it. What would be the most effective way of me doing this without just having planes angled towards the sphere in the middle. I've tried using the vortex forces but was unable to achieve the results I was looking for. Any suggestions?
8 posts
With a “vop force” you can subtract the position of the sphere to the points position “P”. Normalise it and multiply it by an amount of speed and plug it into “V”.
26 posts
François Gressier
With a “vop force” you can subtract the position of the sphere to the points position “P”. Normalise it and multiply it by an amount of speed and plug it into “V”.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.
338 posts
You might also set up some geometry to use as a velocity source. Angle the normals in the direction you want the fluid to travel, feed that into a Fluid Source op, in the Velocity Volumes tab set the source attribute to N. In your DOP network bring that in as a source volume and plug it into the volume velocity input of your flip solver
  • Quick Links