Kill Particles in a Flip fluid simulation. HELP!!!!!!!!!

4958   5   0
4 posts
I have been trying to get a sim with these particles that mix color but then die after 120 frames or so. I need it to be a loopable swirl that has dark and light mixing in center. I have invisible geo to keep it from mixing until in center. I have been stressing on this for weeks and tried so many things. I have age particles and reap on have tried turning down to low frame kill number ie, 10 and particles do not die. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
color_mix_fluid_21_decPartSep.5.hip (3.5 MB)

2539 posts
Maybe turn off Reseed Particles in the flipsolver1 node?

There is a tutorial on a similar style effect here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm404aavXrY&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

I'm not sure how you are going to loop that without using a compositing trick.

Are you still using H12?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
4 posts
I am just trying to learn the hard way. I graduated VFX school without having ever seeing Houdini. I am now trying to learn by watching videos but trying to get a little more in depth to understand it all.

With this I wanted the center to mix color then die so that id doesnt begin to overtake the tank and ruin the solid looking flow. Here at frame 124 in the version I am working on is pretty close but after this it begins to twist too far.

Attachments:
swirl_01.PNG (420.5 KB)

4 posts
I turned off reseed and it ran a little different but with that off it went from 1min to figure surface to 5 mins to figure surface?: thats crazy. I cant wait to get a handle on this software. It is so frustrating learning solo. Thanks again.. I am gonna keep trying I need them to Die lol
2539 posts
You may want to look into sinks. A sink allows you to define an area that removes fluid from the simulation. Perhaps a tiny cylindrical sink in the center?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
4 posts
Thats exactly what I have. I have a couple different sink objects I have experimented with in the Autodop network. Currently using the elomgated sphere.
  • Quick Links