Creating geometry

2295   4   2
4 posts
Hello, I moved from another 3D package to Houdini, I first opened it, watched some tutorials but when i create any geometry it does not appear, it is invisible. Also other buttons does nothing when i click them. Node is created but the object can not be seen in the view window. I tried shaded, wireframe but same happens.
How to make geometry visible when i create them?
I can upload video if needed.
Thanks
147 posts
sorry, I don't understand your problem maybe with a screenshot or video is more easy to help you.

However I'm “new” of Houdini like you and I find more confortable this way for geometry

tab->geometry
go inside->delete the file node->create my geometry (sphere, cube, etc…)

Can you try this way?

Matteo
4 posts
MatEvil
sorry, I don't understand your problem maybe with a screenshot or video is more easy to help you.

However I'm “new” of Houdini like you and I find more confortable this way for geometry

tab->geometry
go inside->delete the file node->create my geometry (sphere, cube, etc…)

Can you try this way?

Matteo

Hello, I have Intel i7 4790K with integrated HD4600 graphics and this is the problem I think. When I reduce window size of Houdini, objects appear as shaded. When I maximize it geometry becomes wireframe when selected. When I have nothing selected everything disappears and sometimes Houdini freezes. Also I get error when i choose Flat shaded option and Houdini closes.

SideFX supports Intel HD4600 graphics but it says - NOTE: It is very important to get the absolute latest driver for Intel cards from the Intel website. Without them, you'll experience hangs/crashes.

I updated driver to the latest version but same happens when i working with geometry.

Here is the video

Attachments:
sr.avi (48.9 MB)

147 posts
yes, in some case need also a SP1 for example on windows 7 if you use it

hardware compatible is always a big problem when you work with some particular software.

Mat
4 posts
Hello, I upgraded Intel HD 4600 to GeForce GTX 950 Graphics Card and it solved issue. Shading problem was caused by integrated GPU.
Anyone who has Intel integrated GPU may experience some issues in Houdini.
  • Quick Links