flip fluid quality issues and retiming for slow motion

2466   0   1
7 posts
Hi there,

I am VERY new to Houdini so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I apologize that this is such a long post.

I have a fluid simulation using a flip tank. As it stands the particle separation is set to .2

I like the way it is looking though there are some issues. Ideally I'd like it to be slightly higher quality. I assume I need more particles. From my understanding you do this by decreasing the particle separation. However if I set it to .1 it completely changes the simulation. To a point that the viscosity is completely different.

Is there a way to add more particles/increase the quality but keep the same simulation?

There is a splash in the simulation.. But from frame to frame there are big jumps in the mesh. For example on one frame the splash is a solid mesh but then the next there are big holes in the same mesh. Which is quite jarring when played in real time.

I would also like to make it slow motion. I assumed if I changed the frame rate from 24 fps to 48 fps this might solve the mesh issue as well as slow down the sim. But the simulation reacts completely differently. It reacts completely different. (almost the same as when I changed the particle separation from .2 to .1)

What is the best way to retime a simulation for slow motion? I've read about time blend/shift/warp. But I have no idea how to use these.

Once again I apologize this is such a long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!
  • Quick Links