Pyro Fast Moving Source

5057   3   0
38 posts
Greetings,

The source for my pyro simulation is moving very fast, around 100 units in 200 frames. I have researched this subject for a week, and know what you must do for fast moving source. However, the simulation does not look well, given many attempts and variations.

My new idea is this. Keep the source stationary, and …animate the path along the sphere. If you can see what I mean. Have the path travel through the sphere, and turn this path into a velocity field so the simulation will have the correct curves. Then the cached simulation could simply be animation along the curve. I have tried duplicating the path, and apply a mirror. Then animating the first curve along the second. Didn't work..

How do you do the inverse of animating a sphere along a curve?

I know this is vague and possibly a unnecessary technique but I thought it was worth posting to see if anyone knows what I mean and can provide help

Thanks
2624 posts
Hi I am working on the very same issue right now on a very fast moving object. Except I have not gone the pyro route, just yet. Be descriptive on what your exactly trying to do. PM me if you cannot in public talk about it

Rob
Gone fishing
38 posts
Hey Rob, thanks for your reply.

I figured out the problem for my case was the source was actually too small (.1 radius sphere). I got a good look after scaling it. Peter Quints Smoke II tutorial teaches basic fast moving pyro workflow (for anyone else who may have found tbis thread through keyword). Adding the velocity of your source to the simulation may also be a transferable trick to not only pyro.
38 posts
Hey Rob, thanks for your reply.

I figured out the problem for my case was the source was actually too small (.1 radius sphere). I got a good look after scaling it. Peter Quints Smoke II tutorial teaches basic fast moving pyro workflow (for anyone else who may have found tbis thread through keyword). Adding the velocity of your source to the simulation may also be a transferable trick to not only pyro.
  • Quick Links