Character Animation.

2805   5   0
122 posts
Hi there!.

Hello everyone. I open this forum to upload videos of character animation. I'll try to upload a video at least weekly . And I hope to receive your criticisms to keep learning. The character animation is the most complicated tasks .
The animation playing today, I took me no more than five minutes . Coming i will upload more elaborate things to delight you all.

sooo thank you for you time.

https://vimeo.com/167216623 [vimeo.com]

the new website is very cute.
Edited by chevita - May 18, 2016 23:55:48
637 posts

nice to see that somebody makes animation in houdini :-)

what type of animation do you want to achieve? do you have a look book or a character study document.
as a first version i find it a good looking start and i like the smile :-)
what i don't know is how do you want to have the walking cycle in the final version.

type of walking example that are coming in to my mind:
  • normal walking blob
  • happy walking blob
  • very happy jumping walking blob
  • agry walking blob
  • macho walking blob
  • depressed walking blob
  • unmotivated walking blob

btw. whats your character name? i just used now blob

122 posts
Your questions made ​​me think a lot. Thank you. They shed light on how disorganized I am.
For the second animation I have thought that the character finds a kitten in the middle of the way, when just above the kitten. He is thrown over him, saying “ kitty ”
Now it may not sound funny. But when finished, it will be. ( or not )

for the moment I have not thought a name, the character is inspired by Totoro

chiao
637 posts
the name thing i find is just for define it better.

as a example: when you have in the first version a character thats looks like horse and on the end it will be a pegasus or a unicorn the hole support stuff will be not consistend.

as i said i'm not a character animator but it's always good to have some inspiration and when your figure is inspired by Totoro you have plenty of footage for learning.
122 posts

But if I wanted to achieve that effect would then consistently.
and now that word where it is ?

sure that's somehow a good way to learn. How long it has taken you learn this?
In the 3rd episode: that is, in two weeks , the character will speak. will say : Only one who loves you can make easy behavior to accept yourself as you are . Wait for new videos.

another idea for the 4th episode would be: A name for the character first , it is called today “ Shimoto ” where Shimoto spits always grows a tree . What would happen to the mood of Shimoto if one day he could not grow a tree ? how to rebuild ? we naturally would see on his face , perhaps a smile But his feelings completely would be other .

chiao
Edited by chevita - May 20, 2016 12:44:28
122 posts
new lovely chapter, tiny and sweet. awwww if i could i kiss him.

https://vimeo.com/168282597 [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links