Multiple fluid emitters.

5601   5   0
6 posts
Hi all, i've some questions regarding the houdini flip fluids.

Let's say i want a scen with 2 grids emitting fluids and interacting between each other, so i made a container with 2 geometry, 2 create_surface_volume, then merged it and used the whole container as a flipfluidobject (i attached an image to show).

Now i'd like to make 1 grid start emitting at frame 1 and the other one at frame 50. I looked around but i couldn't find the way to set this up.

Thanks in advance for the help ^^

Attachments:
Untitled-2 copy.JPG (165.5 KB)

39 posts
You can use multiple sources in your DOP network. Create another Source Volume node and reference each grid separately, then connect both into your merge2 node.
6 posts
Sean Rowe
You can use multiple sources in your DOP network. Create another Source Volume node and reference each grid separately, then connect both into your merge2 node.

I did, but it simulate only 1 emitter…

ok it worked but only on a new test where i actually made 1 grid and then copied to make the other one. But if i create the second one something does not work, dunno if if the flipfluiobject or something else… any advice?
Edited by Homer0 - May 31, 2016 15:19:47
2537 posts
You also have to configure the second source Volume Path to point to the correct sub node in the referenced object.
Edited by Enivob - May 31, 2016 16:38:04

Attachments:
ap_dual_flip_source_volumes.hipnc (1.8 MB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2537 posts
Here is an example image of the scene in the previous reply.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (265.1 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
6 posts
Thanks Enivob, i already did that; the problem seems to was elsewhere. Since i didn't create every node manually but simply used the shelf to set up another Emit Particle Fluid and then delete the 2nd Flipfluidobject; the create_surface_volume of the second emitter still had the Particle Separation linked to the Flip i deleted. I corrected that to the first flip and now is working ^^

Now i just have to keyframe the Activation parameter to change the start emitting time.

Another question. Now that i have only one Flip object i have only 1 particle fluid network to import and cache my particles. This is good, but since it'll become a very heavy scene, i was wondering if i at least cache all the particle and then simulate the Whitewater separately using the cached particle.
I know probably it's a silly question, but i just want to know if the whitewater simulation can use cached particle or need a simulated one to work and react properly.
Edited by Homer0 - June 1, 2016 06:15:58
  • Quick Links