how do I setup Houdini on dual monitors?

8968   8   1
320 posts
I am coming from Cinema4D, and I have it setup with the viewports on the second monitor and the tools on the other. How do I set this up in Houdini? I would like the Houdini viewport on my second monitor. and if/once it is done can it be saved as my default/startup?
538 posts
To be honest I'm not sure, but you can tear off viewport pane tab (in viewport menu) and miximize it on second monitor. After that you can save your configuration as new Desktop.
https://gumroad.com/alexeyvanzhula [gumroad.com]
320 posts
thanks vux, that helps.
4501 posts
There are several year old bugs about setting up panes that maximizes from code at startup.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
320 posts
vux
To be honest I'm not sure, but you can tear off viewport pane tab (in viewport menu) and miximize it on second monitor. After that you can save your configuration as new Desktop.

so how do I save my configuration? I've googled it, perused the help file all to no help.
Staff
3455 posts
from the Desktop Menu.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
320 posts
thank you arctor. I looked right at it and didn't see it, yanno can't see the trees for the forest. Thank you again.
5 posts

Version 15.5 @Windows10

Windows > New Floating Panel (Alt + Shift + W)

Upper right Corner of new Window ist a triangle facing downwards, click it
Set Pane Tab Type: Scene View (Alt+1)

Hope this helps
1 posts
Hi…i am a new user here. I added a second monitor for streaming… whenever I launch the game it defaults to the #2 monitor and not the main. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm running a non-Steam version of the game.
  • Quick Links