Closed curve surface

4962   5   1
2 posts
Hi!,

If I close a curve and use it as input or if I use the ends sop on a open curve I am not seeing a surface made as I do when I do this in Houdini itself. This is using Maya 2016 ext 2. I tried it with the CV and EP curve tools.

Thanks!

818 posts
I was able to reproduce the issue, and have a fix. However, it seems there's another issue inside Houdini as well. So I'm looking into having that fixed too.
Andrew / アンドリュー
818 posts
We've put in a fix for the issue, which is in 15.5.511 or later. Give it a try when you have a chance.
Andrew / アンドリュー
2 posts
Thanks!,

I tried .512 and unfortunately it still does not work. I made sure that 512 was the version of the plugin and Houdini I was using.

This is one network I was trying.

Thanks!

Attachments:
screen.jpg (563.2 KB)

818 posts
Oh, this is a different issue than what I thought you were having. I thought you were trying to output NURBS curves back into Maya. But outputting NURBS surface is entirely a different issue.

Yes, I can reproduce this too. There seems to be some issue with outputting NURBS surface. For now, you should be able to workaround the issue by using a convert SOP to manually it convert the NURBS surface into polygon.
Andrew / アンドリュー
818 posts
Sorry for the late reply. Give it another try in 15.5.523 or later. The output geometry should no longer be green, and should have a proper material assigned.

Though one difference is that the top and bottom of the extrude is filled in inside Houdini, but not in Maya. This is because the top and bottom are actually closed curves in Houdini. And closed curves are shaded. However, inside Maya, curves are never shaded.
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links