Hiding and Disabling Parameters in Maya

1500   3   2
2 posts
In Houdini you can keep your Digital Asset UI clean by hiding and/or disabling parameters based off of the state of other parameters. Is this possible in Houdini Engine for Maya? Currently it seems to ignore the hide and disable states of the parameters as set up in the Digital Asset. Hiding not working I can understand as that is not something Maya normally supports, but it seems like disabling should work as I see that in the attributes of other types of Maya objects. Is this possible with Houdini Engine?
816 posts
Sorry, “hide” and “disable” are not implemented in the Maya plugin at the moment. The “hide” property does get used. However, it doesn't take effect until the next time the node is “sync'd”. So it's not exactly usable.
Edited by awong - July 15, 2016 09:41:02
Andrew / アンドリュー
1718 posts
I have found that once you start hitting this point, it may be worth considering writing a custom UI in QT designer. It may be nice if there was a way to export the Digital Asset parameter UI definitions to QT .ui files to then hook up in Maya (or perhaps implement the houdini UI in maya via a dynamically generated QT interface instead of the attributeEditorTemplate?)
-G
2 posts
I know this has been dormant for a while, but I was wondering if there was any update on this? Would it be possible to “lock” an attribute in Maya if it was disabled in Houdini? This would at least let the user know that changing this parameter is not valid given the other currently set parameters.
  • Quick Links