Attach cloth to wire?/Simulate wire and cloth together?

2301   2   0
9 posts
Hi community,
First question is pretty simple I guess: I managed to constrain points of my wire curve to my cloth with a Attach Wire to Surface constrain, but how would I do it the other way around? I tried a Stitch Constrain to get cloth points follow the wire. Without success.

Second question: Is it possible to simulate wires and cloth affecting each other at the same time? For example I am trying to constrain a piece of cloth with itselfe, so beeing able to attach the cloth to wires for pulling the cloth together, but having the wires being driven in their position by the overall clothmovement at the same time would be pretty cool.
Thanks
2 posts
Hi, did you ever figure out how to have wires and cloth simultaneously reacting to each other? I am now trying to do the same thing.
8594 posts
the questions is from the times when you had to use 2 separate solvers, cloth and wire

nowadays you can just use Vellum for both and hence they will automatically interact together and you can stitch or weld them together if you want to attach them
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links