Update To Daily Build - How do I move my license over?

1592   3   1
22 posts
Hi! I have a license for Houdini Indie, it's installed fine, but I've been working on the 15.0.313 build for a while and I'm trying to do some retopology. When I went to try to use the ‘straighten’, ‘tweak’, ‘cut’, and ‘space’ features of that tool, I couldn't make them work, the shortcuts did nothing.

I assumed I was outdated, I haven't updated my Houdini in almost a year, so I downloaded the new daily build. All well and good, it installed fine, but when I try to open it, it opens the new version of the Houdini License Administrator and my licenses don't appear to be there.

The old version still works, the old version of hkey still has my licenses listed, but the new version doesn't. I could return the licenses to the website and download them again, but a) that seems like an overly elaborate method to use when getting builds daily and b) the website tells me that I can only do this two times in total so that seems like not the right move.

How do I move my license information from one version of houdini to another on the same machine?

Thanks!
Edited by Zach Hall - Sept. 5, 2016 17:49:43
483 posts
Isn't it possible to simply login via File -> Install Licenses,
then in the new window enter the requested data.

Attachments:
license.jpg (52.4 KB)

English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
22 posts
Hmm, nope, that got me a ‘noncommercial generic’ license. I assume I'd get my indie license if I ‘returned the license to the website’ but the instructions for doing that says it can only be done twice.
483 posts
Maybe the best idea is to contact SeSi-support
and inform them :-?

Sorry that my solution did not help at all :-(
That's what I'm doing when installing a new version/update
e.g.: 14.xx to 15.xx.
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
  • Quick Links