Viewport Render vs Mantra Render - Fur

1890   3   0
2 posts
Hi !

I am quiet new to Houdini and couldnt find the solution online.

I have a much better result when I render through the Renderview tab than when I process the Mantra render (result is on the right screen, reading through djv_view). I tried playing with gamma but no success so far, it looks like it is a different render . (blank scene with 4 area light, the default fur shader and a SSS shader for the body in the shopnet).
Am I missing an obvious checkbox ?

Any help would be very appreciated
Thanks

B

Attachments:
2016-11-10.png (1.4 MB)

1755 posts
Seems like an exposure/highlight clipping problem. Sorry if this isn't very precise, I'm not really an expert with Mantra (and judging by the rate I'm losing patience with it, I might never be)
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - Nov. 10, 2016 16:34:24
2624 posts
Without seeing a scene file > turn off preview as that uses the raytrace engine , make suure mantra is using PBR > render .Your viewer might still be off if your using a different LUT.

Seems like an exposure/highlight clipping problem. Sorry if this isn't very precise, I'm not really an expert with Mantra (and judging by the rate I'm losing patience with it, I might never be)

Really ? Ive used Mantra on countless movies to render shots with, never had a problem and its been way better than PRman.

Rob
Gone fishing
1755 posts
circusmonkey, that's great, it means that you can help out with this problem [sidefx.com].
  • Quick Links