overriding object and group materials

1400   1   0
1 posts
Hi

I have a fbx file exported from sketchup which i am trying to light and render in houdini (nc).

All the materials will have to be overridden without going into the imported subnetwork as it will be updated/replaced often.

after import some materials comes in applied to groups of primitives and some are applied at geometry level depending on how they were assigned in sketchup.

What i tried to do was create a new attribute called material_path and use an expression to rewrite the paths to the materials, something like: `strreplace(@shop_materialpath, “/imported_fbx”, “”)`. this changes the paths to the materials from /obj/imported_fbx/materials/* to /obj/materials/*.

Unfortunately it only seems to work on materials that applied by group, but when materialpaths are applied at object level they dont pick up the override.

sorry probably a confusing explaination.

also tried using the material style sheet, but i couldnt figure out how to make it work either.

What is the easiest way of overriding everything without digging into the subnet?
2624 posts
Sounds like you need to use the parameter spreadsheet and filtering to target all those material objects. Or use bundles to override a object material.
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links