world transform matrix for camera from houdini to cinema4d

3001   2   0
21 posts
so i have the world transform matrix for a camera in houdini, i now want set this matrix correctly in cinema, i'm close but i keep having to fiddle with the negative and positive of the vectors that make the matrix, which doesn't seem sensible. after i've got this cracked i'm going to set up a udp link so the camera updates from houdini live as the transform matrix changes. i'll have to export the focal length and aperture separately.
the blue camera is where the camera is suppose to be and the white is the camera i'm trying to set to the blue's position
Edited by 212A - Dec. 4, 2016 11:29:41

Attachments:
1.JPG (181.5 KB)
2.JPG (174.4 KB)

459 posts
Hi
I don't know why your rotation is not working properly in Cinema as the info in the screen shots are rather sparse. But there shouldn't be a problem in Cinema if you have an object as a child of the camera in your HDA and read it's matrix in c4d with “child = GetMg()” and apply this matrix to the camera with “cam.SetMg(child)”.

Attachments:
matrix.JPG (198.2 KB)

http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
21 posts
thanks Bonsak, i figured it out, i don't want to bring in an asset from houdini and use it's matrix, i just want to bring the transform matrix and camera res information in through python. My UDP link works live now without lag as i adjust the camera in Houdini it updates in cinema, i just had to make sure that in cinema i was redrawing the view as the matrix information was coming but not updating
Edited by 212A - Dec. 26, 2016 19:18:19

Attachments:
1.JPG (167.3 KB)
2.JPG (222.5 KB)

• Quick Links