BUG: Force POP

3192   4   2
398 posts
Look at Force POP. You can see the Force Object input field. If I understand it right I must point at Force OBJ as my force object? But Force OBJ is an old style dynamics which is obsolete?
So… I don't understand nothing :roll:
f = conserve . diffuse . advect . add

fx td @ the mill
Staff
2540 posts
Yep, I see your point.

I have submitted the bug to have the op chooser fetch in any object operator.

I use a light fetched in to the Force Object parm manually typing in the path. I like to use a light as the direction handles are nice. Just set the Light's dimmer to zero and there you go. The direction that the light looks is the direction of the force and the z scale of the light determines the strength of the force.

Remember that because you are mucking around with a node that has non-proportional scales, do NOT parent anything to this light.
There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
2540 posts
Oh but the Fan Object!

To properly interface with this one, you will need to make an HDA with the additonal parameters:
fanangle
fandelta

If you use a light, this should be trivial as you could use the light's own coneangle and conedelta parameters promoted up as the correctly named parameters then fetcht the HDA in to the Force Object parms.
There's at least one school like the old school!
398 posts
Thanks for the explanation, Jeff!
f = conserve . diffuse . advect . add

fx td @ the mill
141 posts
jeff
Yep, I see your point.

I have submitted the bug to have the op chooser fetch in any object operator.

I use a light fetched in to the Force Object parm manually typing in the path. I like to use a light as the direction handles are nice. Just set the Light's dimmer to zero and there you go. The direction that the light looks is the direction of the force and the z scale of the light determines the strength of the force.

Remember that because you are mucking around with a node that has non-proportional scales, do NOT parent anything to this light.

This is an excellent tip!
/Rick
  • Quick Links