How do I animate with keyframes ( Transparency? or Alpha? or Opaque? ) in the "viewport" with the new Principled Shader in Houdini 16?

3106   2   1
9 posts
How do I animate with keyframes ( Transparency or Alpha or Opaque ) in the “viewport” for a material using the new Principled Shader in Houdini 16?

I have tried to keyframe the transparent slider in the new Houdini 16 principled shader and also tried the old and new PointSOPs and no dice! Something this simple is very confusing? :-o

I am just trying to animate the value from 0 to 1 over 10 frames!
Edited by CreateTheImaginable - March 28, 2017 00:40:37
806 posts
Moin,

it does work, actually (if you use the render view, you can see the animated transparency), but the standard 3d viewport does not update on material changes. You can manually update it using one of several tricks (like changing display port option, using a command to refresh the openGL texture cache etc), but overall the lack of auto-updates to the viewport, when it comes to textures and materials, seems to be an old issue with Houdini, according to google.

Time for a bunch of RFEs … I am going to file one right away, the more users voice their concern, the better

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
7739 posts
Animate the Alpha attribute instead.
  • Quick Links