opadd does not list operators in Textport

2046   2   0
13 posts
So I watched the Jeff Wagner webcast today. Very informative. A lot went over my head although I get the jist of what he was showing. Being a noob on Houdini however I'm still getting over some of the setup and basic stuff which leads to my question. Right in the beginning Jeff opened up a “Technical” workspace and then in the Textport window simply typed the opadd command to get a list of operators. He then did a simply shell command redirect to put this list into a file. When I do the same with my install, all I see is the following:

/ -> opadd
Available operators
/ ->

There is no list. I'm running the latest release of Houdini Indie (16.0.557) running on a MBP with the latest version of El Capitan. I suspect I probably do not have an environment variable set up correctly but at the moment I'm not sure where to look.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pike
Staff
4456 posts
The opadd command is sensitive to the current “directory” you are in. In the example you gave, you are in “/”, and you can't add any nodes to “/”. Try:
/ -> cd /obj
/obj -> opadd
13 posts
That was it. I missed that part. I figured it was something simple. Thank you.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pike
  • Quick Links