Server code change?

2276   1   0
25 posts
Hey there guys.

I have a question regarding the server code. The reason I ask is because back in February I purchased a license of Houdini Indie. It worked fine until.. just this weekend ( April 22nd ). I went to the cottage, and when I came back I noticed that my video card wasn't booting. So I took it out and put it back in. However, as I booted Houdini I was greeted with the license server and it telling me that the license server is running but it couldn't serve licenses.

So I guess the server code changed as a result of reseating the video card?

After trying a few things out I decided I would try to return the license and reinstall. This worked and Houdini launches again.

But I got me worried a bit now because Houdini says it can only allow me to return licenses 2 more times.

What if I add a hard drive? What if I upgrade video cards, or replace one.

I would hate to run out of license returns before my subscription is up and be without a license.
2563 posts
In those kinds of situation just contact support@sidefx.com. I'm sure they will help you out.

Sometimes I get a message that Houdini can not connect to the license server too. It probably was not your video card at all. It probably was just the internet experiencing some kind of temporary blockage along the path to final URL resolution.

It is frustrating when you just want to use the product, however. I find that a re-install or upgrade to the latest daily build is my first step when I experience odd things like that.
Edited by Enivob - April 24, 2017 16:08:20
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links