Node Ring Flags Missing?

2150   4   0
101 posts
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem where the node ring on all of my nodes is incomplete. I checked the display properties for the node ring and nothing is turned off. However, I do not have the option to template any nodes for instance. Right clicking on the node and going to flags also does not show this as an option. I'm sure it's a simple fix but I hope I can get this resolved quickly as it's near impossible to do any look dev if I can't template nodes.

H16.0.557
Edited by Tobias Steiner - May 1, 2017 11:19:04
Staff
4438 posts
What node context are you in? Could you provide an image to give a little more context? Thanks.
101 posts
mtucker
What node context are you in? Could you provide an image to give a little more context? Thanks.

OBJ.

Trying to template particle source in OBJ view while I work at the Auto DOP level. Otherwise I can't seem to see the particles in my scene. I have a locked plate I'm trying to work from as my master view (at OBJ level)and I need to see the particles there as I work on them inside the AD network. Hope that makes sense.
Staff
4438 posts
I think so, but Object nodes don't have a “template” flag, so this is not a bug with the node ring. Perhaps what you're looking for is the “hide other objects/ghost other objects/show other objects” setting on the viewport? If you set that to “ghost other objects” and turn on the display flag for your particle source object you should see the particles and your Auto DOP generated geometry at the same time. I'm certain that other users will have more useful suggestions than I can provide. I was just attracted by the “node ring flags missing” title, as I know a lot about the node ring. But it sounds to me like the node ring is working just fine, it's just that Houdini doesn't do “templating” the way you expect… So I'll step away now and hopefully the experts will take over.
101 posts
mtucker
I think so, but Object nodes don't have a “template” flag, so this is not a bug with the node ring. Perhaps what you're looking for is the “hide other objects/ghost other objects/show other objects” setting on the viewport? If you set that to “ghost other objects” and turn on the display flag for your particle source object you should see the particles and your Auto DOP generated geometry at the same time. I'm certain that other users will have more useful suggestions than I can provide. I was just attracted by the “node ring flags missing” title, as I know a lot about the node ring. But it sounds to me like the node ring is working just fine, it's just that Houdini doesn't do “templating” the way you expect… So I'll step away now and hopefully the experts will take over.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it does seem like the rings work just as they should. Actually, toggling “show all objects” in the viewport does the trick.
Edited by Tobias Steiner - May 1, 2017 12:04:36
  • Quick Links