Simple composite questions

1831   3   2
20 posts
Hello,

I am trying to complete a simple compositing operation - I need to multiply an image by a number. Seems trivial, but I can't figure out how to make a number…I've searched for things like “scalar, float, integer, constant” etc., but haven't found anything so far. By the way, I'm working in a cop2net…not even sure if that's the best approach.

Also, in a cop2net, is there a way to divide? I found all other typical math operations, but can't find divide.

Thanks!
1743 posts
I can't remember if I've ever used COPs before, (apart from fixing a bug I introduced in rotoscoping), so I'm just guessing based on names from other contexts, but does the attached do something like what you wanted? (It's just a File COP and a Color COP both plugged into a Multiply COP.)

If you just want to divide a whole image by a constant value, you can multiply by one over that value, but short of using VEX/VOPs, I'm not sure what the right way is to do it if you want to divide an image by another image.

Attachments:
ImageMultiply.hip (22.2 KB)

Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
20 posts
I've ended up using a color node to answer the first part of my question. Seems to work well enough.

I'm still trying to find a way to divide one image by another though. In img, I've found just about every other way to combine two images, but I can't find any way to divide.

EDIT: Oops, sorry posted that before I saw your reply. Is there a specific way to do this in vex? I found the vexgenerate node, but haven't found enough examples online to figure out how to do what I need with it.
Edited by avoorhees - May 15, 2017 14:05:04
8555 posts
you can use VOP Filter to do any kind of math on your image planes

but if you want to delete the easier may be to copy your image plane into the first stream (Channel Copy)
and then use Premultiply Cop to divide C by your other image plane
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links