Stopping a FLIP sim and letting it settle? (SOLVED)

4194   3   2
10 posts
Hi Troops
So I'm new to Houdini (4 months old) and so far it's been a good challenge, driving me nuts… but good none the less.
I've finally figured out how to fill a glass with a liquid, this and a few other forums helped.
What I can't find is how to stop the flip sim, at say frame 250, and let it continue to settle the liquid for a further 100 or so frames.

Any ideas are welcome, no rush as it's all practice right now and thankfully not client work.

Thanks in advance.
Josh
Edited by joshkitneycgi - July 3, 2017 15:17:56
10 posts
Got the answer form Atom on the Odforce forum.

“To stop the flip just turn off the Activation on the Source Volume node by animating it from 1 to 0 over 1 frame. This is a toggle. For a smoother drop off of the input try animating the Scale Source Volume from 1 to 0 over a second or two.

Once there is no input existing velocity should slow down over time. Gravity will have an affect as well.”
11 posts
Were you able to get the Scale Source Volume to work? Activation (on/off) works for me but I don't see any effect on changing the Scale Source Volume.

(I am using a grid as an emitter source.)
129 posts
Did you solve the problem ? I'm experiencing the same and I need to find a solution to animate the emission rate, but scale source volume doesn't seem to work at all
Thank you
  • Quick Links