mocap problems

3251   3   1
50 posts
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here (relatively anyways), wondering if anyone could give me some help with mocap stuff. I have mocap data I would like to bring in to Houdini. I have run mcbiovision on it and gotten the *.bclip and *.cmd files. However when I followed a fellow poster writing

yjyoung
Lurker

I have not much experimented with mcbiovision yet but basically what I did was just run it get .cmd and bclip files. Once you have those files, run Houdini and you can either open text port and run “source” command to run the script file(eg, ->source run.cmd) or go to file and select “Run Script” then select your .cmd file. After you run the script, go to chop then add a file operator then open your .bclip file then export. now all the bones should be mapped to channels you brought from .bclip file.

I'm not sure exactly what they mean by “export” I know how to add a file operator, but how do you export from the file operator? And what do you export to….

Any help would be appreciated.
~the most important things in life aren't things~
7725 posts
I think that instead of manually exporting your bones, you can just run the “boneconvert” command in the textport.
412 posts
and just for future reference, the “export”ing the quote was talking about was exporting the channels back to your appropriate parms (probably bone rotations in the particular case).. this can be done either through the export chop or the orange export flag on the last chop of your network (i suggest using a null chop if you don't go the export chop route..)..
Dave Quirus
50 posts
HAHAHA! Ok got it to work - however, instead of using the textport command “boneconvert” I first went into bones (using the operator toolbar above the textport) and then ran the script file (motioncapturefile.cmd). The bones came in beautifully… still have to rig it to the character, but progress.

Houdini community rocks! Thx guys.
~the most important things in life aren't things~
  • Quick Links