multiple python libraries causing errors

1635   2   1
201 posts
H16.0.736 Windows7

When launching Houdini, now getting python related errors from a python library that is used by Nuke. Simple question, what do I need to setup environment-wise to have Houdini only deal with python that is in $HFS?

Also, seems latest versions are installing python26 AND python27 into the $HFS directory. Is that so or am I imagining this? TIA
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
201 posts
Further to this, I read there is an environment variable called HOUDINI_USE_HFS_PYTHON that when set to 1 forces Houdini to read the Python package that comes with Houdini. Does this work? I tried it with no luck … set in Windows Control Panel and also tried houdini.env file.

Please note that I'm using Windows and simply double clicking on the Houdini icon on the desktop.

help
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
Staff
1255 posts
Hello,

HOUDINI_USE_HFS_PYTHON only works on Linux and MacOS.

On Windows, Houdini always runs against the Python library/distro that ships in $HFS. And although there may be a python26 (legacy) folder in $HFS, Houdini 16.0 only supports and works with Python 2.7.

It's more likely that you are running into a problem where Houdini is trying import and run a Python module that is being picked up from the Nuke installation. Perhaps check if you have any PYTHON* variables (i.e. PYTHONPATH) set in your environment and temporarily unset them to see if that helps.

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links