Changing computers. How do I get my license to new computer?

2871   4   1
9 posts
I received a new desktop computer. I want to install Houdini on it, which I have done. But when I go to retrieve my license it does not show one and when I enter my login and password it says it does not match. But it is the same login password I use to login to the Houdini webpages.

Do I have to uninstall the license on the first desktop before this will work?

Thanks for any help with this. I feel like an idiot having to ask.
2042 posts
When I got Indie I was set up with a different password for the license than the forum. You have the same one for both?
9 posts
Babaj that is the problem. I do not know what that password is. Because it won't work indicates it is a different password and I don't know where to find it. Nor is there a “forgot password” link for the license.

Thanks for your reply.
9 posts
I found it. I found the email with the license password! So I successfully returned it. Now it says I can use it twice or something like that but that I have to “redeem” it first. So now I have to find out what that means. Why can't it be simple?

EDITED: I still don't know what the redeem means but it seemed to install on my new desktop ok. So, for now at least I seem to be up and running.
Edited by mwsheeler - Nov. 19, 2017 19:28:14
2042 posts
You must be using Apprentice at the moment?

Because if you haven't redeemed one of your licenses your not using it.

For Indie, you get to redeem it twice during the one year you have it.
  • Quick Links