Does 'Set Project' not work right for anyone else?

2278   4   0
47 posts
I try to set my project, so I go to File -> Set Project. I navigate to the folder of the project I want to set to, and I press the Accept button, and nothing happens. The window stays open. I press it a bunch of times. Nothing. It seems to not take folders as an argument. If I select a .hip file within that folder, then it sets my project to the containing folder. I just can't select the folder itself.

I suppose an easy work around is just to always have a .hip file in the folder. Just mainly want to point out it does not work as intended for me because I could not find any other threads where this problem is mentioned.
37 posts
I had the exact same problem in houdini 16.0.xxx (don‘t know exactly with which version it started).
But since 16.5 everthing works as expected again.

What Version are you on?

Cheers
47 posts
I'm on 16.5
622 posts
This is a bug and has been fixed in latest version. You can download and reinstall the latest version.
114 posts
I'm seeing this again in 17.0.352 on Windows… I'm reverted to the workaround of choosing a file in the desired directory and then going up to Project Path and deleting the file name.
  • Quick Links