'Transform sop' in ue4?

3618   7   1
10 posts
Is there a way of making the transform sop parameters appear in ue4 like we can do it with curves?

I'm making a ‘dune generator’, and while I have the top of the dune made of an editable curve, I would like to move the base edges of this dune with some sort of transform gizmo.

The base are made of other 2 curves that copy the parameters of the first curve (`chs(“../curve2/coords”)`), with the exception that they have a edit node that kinda ‘freezes’ the Ty (so the base stays on the ground).

Since these 2 curves are copying the parameters of the first one, I can't actually make them ‘editable nodes’, since If I do it ue4 will crash every time I try to load the digital asset.

Img of the asset is attached on this post.

Attachments:
Untitled.png (485.1 KB)

Staff
534 posts
Hi,

You can probably achieve this via the use of transform handles:

see
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unreal/_handles.html#HandlesTransform [www.sidefx.com]
10 posts
Hello!

Thank you so much man, it works!!

Can I move the ‘gizmo’, though? It's on the same position of one of the curve points.
Staff
534 posts
Yes,

You should normally be able to move the Handle's gizmo around, and this should update the corresponding parameter in Houdini. If it doesn't, then there might be something wrong with how you set it up.
10 posts
dpernuit
Yes,

You should normally be able to move the Handle's gizmo around, and this should update the corresponding parameter in Houdini. If it doesn't, then there might be something wrong with how you set it up.

Sorry to bother you again dpernuit, but I was referring to the pivot point of these handles. I mean, in houdini they are where I want them to be, but in Unreal they seem to appear like on the center of the mesh.

I'm sending my hipilc

Thanks
Edited by GILPStudio - April 6, 2018 10:24:26

Attachments:
Untitled2.png (461.2 KB)
Untitled.png (1.0 MB)
auto_dune.hiplc (97.3 KB)

603 posts
There may be a bug where the pivot of the transform is not getting picked up by the handle in the plugin. As a workaround you could try resetting those pivots and use just the TRS.
11 posts
@chrisgrb @dpernuit what is the correct approach to creating these handles so that the amount of handles increases or decreases relative to a user input in the digital asset?

I currently have a python/hscript mash up that creates handles procedurally relative to the amount of points incoming, stores their transform values in a null and then links these to edit nodes that have been created. However, I have this all happening at the SOP level and thus once the HDA gets locked nothing functions. Im aware of the scripts tab in asset properties but have no idea how to transfer the concept I have working to a HDA at obj level / in ue4?

appreciate any help

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Preocdural_Transform_Handles.hip (192.5 KB)

11 posts
Just a quick follow up to this, I've been made aware of the “unlock new nodes on creation” checkbox in the asset properties this allows for the asset to be created in an unlocked state however, the handles that are created are still not appearing on the unreal engine side?
  • Quick Links