rotate to template normal

3072   3   0
122 posts
i attach a hip file.

there is a circle and boxes that's created using copy SOP.
in the copy SOP i turn on the ‘rotate to template normal’ parameter so it will follow the orientation of the point normal.
in viewer there is a handel that's persistent. so when i drag this handle in y direction up or down , the normal will follow , but some of the boxes is rotating in wrong direction.
so i want all these boxes to rotate ‘inside’ to follow the normal.

another question: when create a curve SOP, how to reorder/reverse the point number?

pls help.

thanx

Attachments:
copynormal.hip (38.1 KB)

4262 posts
metaclay
another question: when create a curve SOP, how to reorder/reverse the point number?

If you want to reverse the point numbers then use the Sort SOP. If you want to reverse the vertex ordering then use the Reverse SOP.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4262 posts
metaclay
there is a circle and boxes that's created using copy SOP.
in the copy SOP i turn on the ‘rotate to template normal’ parameter so it will follow the orientation of the point normal.
in viewer there is a handel that's persistent. so when i drag this handle in y direction up or down , the normal will follow , but some of the boxes is rotating in wrong direction.
so i want all these boxes to rotate ‘inside’ to follow the normal.
thanx

On your Point SOP, on the Particle Tab, add an Up Vector of (0,1,0). That will give your Copy SOP a frame of reference which will keep the objects from spinning all over the place.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
122 posts
that's really cool. thanx alot.
  • Quick Links