Loading old scene.. gives me something wrong

6798   6   0
509 posts
I post you a hipnc file which I modelled around late last year / early this year… I'm quiet sure it was Houdini version 8 .. (unsure if it was v7) … now when I open it with v8.1 (666) i get an object.. which dont work … a edgedivide SOP just brings up wrong edges .. and therefore everything following is gone.

this was a “classroom” Obj scene for a Lighting contest… which given files were OBJ … and I decided to remodel the whole in Houdini..

I wanted to loaded the scene to make some render and post my results… but then I found the above problem.

cheers

p.s. the path for the “wrong” SOP is

/obj/classroom/tables_chairs/tables/table/table_table/edgedivide1

Attachments:
setup82.hipnc.tar.gz (204.2 KB)

JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
509 posts
ok .. dunno if this help finding the “problem” but.. if you uncheck the “connect the points” flag.. you get the correct edge selection … once you check it back .. the edges are wrongly connected and there's the problem for the rest to work.

cheers
JcN
509 posts
ok.. seems like “edgedivide SOP” is somehow gone in new releases…
i've got also problems in the “walls” geo net .. which a edgedivide creates the holes for the windows.. and the “connect points” then goes wrong…

cheers.
JcN
509 posts
… I did “fixed” my scene by unchecking “connect points” and by adding two polyslit to connect such points… everything seems fine on geometry now…

hope anybody can check the scene btw… sounds like something wrong around there in edgedivide

cheers
JcN
Staff
1256 posts
Hi Jean-Claude,

I looked at your scene and it does look like a behaviour change in the EdgeDivide SOP. Anyway, I submitted this as a bug to R&D.

Thanks,
Rob V.
509 posts
Thanks.

btw… I opened another old scene which I downloaded long time ago from OdForce (About City maker thread) .. and polysplit seams also to be gone in new release… I found a GEO which had broken polys cause of that polysplit apparently…

maybe you should take a look at that SOP also.. if I'll find a personal scene (well.. I'll surely do) which uses polysplit and gets f$%#ed i'l send it here.

cheers
JcN
136 posts
This happens from time to time…
Some operators works well during current Houdini session, but fails when scene opens next time.
As a result - all downstream operators fails too.
Major traitor is an edge number.

Typical example (the same H-build!!!!, the same PC):
Day1: Cookie sop -> extrude edge (produced by cookie sop) -> blah blah blah blah…everything fine…save…whatever….
Day2: Load scene…what the $%@!&*…GO TO: Day1: extrude edge etc.

I am trying to avoid cookie sop, but today i found new potentially dangerous combination:
Clip SOP(keep All) -> Another Clip SOP (keep all) -> Blast SOP (which blasts wrong faces now)
:? :shock: :?:
  • Quick Links