Moving the objects centre point/ transform axis

5622   1   0
2624 posts
I create a line using line SOP / its centre point is at 0,0,0 , I create a tube SOP its centre point is 0,5,0 if it is 10units in height. How do I move the axis/centre point of an object , for instance to one end of a tube.

In xsi I would select a bunch of verts and use “centre to selection”.

R
Gone fishing
122 posts
circusmonkey
How do I move the axis/centre point of an object , for instance to one end of a tube.
In xsi I would select a bunch of verts and use “centre to selection”.

i assume you are working at SOP level,
maybe u can try one of these:

1. append a transfrom SOP, then in the pivot Y type : $YMAX or $YMIN depend on your case. these are the local variable, u can check all the local var available in the help , press “?” button/icon in parameter pane for the transform SOP.

2. append transform SOP, press ` to reselect geometry , press ‘1’ to go to ‘point selection’ mode, select points (example all the points at the tube edge), RMB to finish selection. now the transfrom handle will jump/snap to the center of current selection. But then because u want to transform the whole obj, the next step: u have to first RMB the handle , turn OFF ‘handle follows group’ then press ` to reselect geometry, press ‘a’ to select all object, RMB to end selection mode.
now u can transform the obj using new handle.

hope it help.
  • Quick Links