Making vellum grains follow an animation before simulating

3610   3   0
5 posts
Hi! So I am making this tree simulation with snow ontop, and I am trying to solve all the technical issues atm

So I want the grains to activate on certain parts of the tree simulation but I cannot get the grains to follow along the tree cache in the dopnetwork. In the video you can see how the grains follow perfectly along in the Geometry network and I want them to continue following in the simulation till hit by an activation attribute.

Now I wanted to ask how am I suppose to tackle this? Should I build new constraints and break them on certain frames? Is there a stickiness value which could be turned up and then reduced or is there an update grain position code which I could add? Hope somebody can help me
5 posts
I am trying out the Pin to Target vellum constraint but it does not update the animation, all the grains are just falling down.

I'll upload my scene but my geo input is connected to a cache so might be difficult viewing the changes

Attachments:
Tree Sim RnD.hipnc (1.4 MB)

5 posts
Made a test scene and I think I solved it , now I'll work on a spreading attribute to get everything activating at different times.

Attachments:
Pin Target grain.hipnc (476.7 KB)

2 posts
Can you attach the tree geo that you used for the tree falling example?
  • Quick Links