My final CGMA course project (animation)

6630   9   3
4 posts
I started Houdini earlier this year (from a C4D background), and have been completely obsessed ever since. This is my first animation I've made in Houdini which I turned in for my final project for a recent CGMA course. Made with mostly POP particles and grains.

Final Video

Breakdown
320 posts
this is really nice, love the shading on it. I too came from C4D and am loving Houdini, procedural modeling is it, I can't go back.
4 posts
Wow phenomenal job! Love the colors and the smooth silky animation.
Looks like I'm the 3rd new user with Houdini who also has been using it about a year with a background of C4D.

Keep up this amazing work!
757 posts
There is a piece for your reel.
【T】【C】【S】
8 posts
Hi elihu252,

I am interested in your solution how you did the grains, where the “vase” is standing on.
I want to make a tennisball, lying on a sandcourt and am wondering how I can manage these much of grains?
Daniel Classen
Co- Founder & CEO

LIGHTSHAPE gmbh & co. kg
schockenriedstraße 4
70565 stuttgart
tel: +49 711 219 578 0

https://www.lightshape.net [www.lightshape.net]
https://www.lightshape.net/blog/ [www.lightshape.net]
4 posts
3dclassen
Hi elihu252,

I am interested in your solution how you did the grains, where the “vase” is standing on.
I want to make a tennisball, lying on a sandcourt and am wondering how I can manage these much of grains?

Hi, if you check the case study, you can see that I created a small sample patch of grains and instanced that patch everywhere to fill in the void. You kind of have to find the right balance for your hardware as far as how large your sample patch should be. The main goal is to keep the sample patch as small as possible without any noticeable patterns showing up.
3 posts
Amazing! I like the way you present your fx skills, its just hypnotic
46 posts
insanely beautiful!
Procedural Girl
3 posts
I love the idea, concept, and execution.

Now rename it “Dust to dust” and have it explode at the end shattering into millions of pieces and being blown away in the wind.
Darrin Hofmeyr
CG Supervisor
Blackginger
379 posts
Mantra?
  • Quick Links