Clamping random points

4531   5   1
53 posts
Hey guys, I was attempting to prepare geometry to be broken up in DOPS, and I read a post in the general section which said to use the fracture sop, available in the exchange part of this site, sadly it doesn't work so I had another idea. To prepare my geometry, I thought I could add a point sop and in the position values, I would add something like rand(number) and I would clamp it to ($TX) …Is this possible? Bassicly, I want to move my points around randomly but without distorting the inital geometry. Any help would be appreaciated, thanks.
53 posts
is what I'm attempting to do impossible?

(randomizing the points along the same geometry, but without distorting it)
7740 posts
In general, yes. Put down a Grid and set to be 3 rows and 3 columns. Now append a VEX Mountain. How are you supposed to move the centre point around without distorting the geometry?
53 posts
edward
In general, yes. Put down a Grid and set to be 3 rows and 3 columns. Now append a VEX Mountain. How are you supposed to move the centre point around without distorting the geometry?

dangit, never thought of it that way. Thanks though, would you have any way I could prepare my geometry for a dop simulation where I wanna crack it? I attempted using the fracture sop from the exchange network, but when I connect it to my geo, it just create some sort of cloth object, dunno why. Thanks in advance.
7740 posts
It should work. Are you using 8.1.704?
53 posts
8.16555…..

youre up late edward , thanks
  • Quick Links