The Wormhole Content Browser is a custom UI for Houdini that enables quick browsing, previewing, and importing of content into Houdini.
Some existing features:
- File browser within a pane tab for easy integration with your desktop.
- Access browser through parameter context menu to set parameter to a selected file.
- Easily generate geometry previews using the viewport or mantra.
- Thumbnails are cached to disk for quick access, especially for previously loaded large images.
- Import files into SOPs, COPs, or CHOPs.
- Plus more!
Note: This tool is in development, but the functionality currently provided is complete. I am offering this version for free to get people to bang on it a bit. I will continue to fix bugs and make limited improvements to this version. I am planning on adding more features like improving workflow interactions with Houdini, and tools to search through content in a future version that may not be free.
Here's a link to the gumroad project page: https://gum.co/whbrowser [gum.co]
See attached for basic workflow.