Specified TerrainData is created but HDA still use default TerrainData

2209   5   0
5 posts
I would like to use specified TerrainData file in my terrain. And I have added “unity_hf_terraindata_file attribute” in my the generation network. (see settings below)

The issue is that although the specified TerrainData file has been created in output folder, the HDA instance still use default TerrainData. The specified TerrainData is never used when rebuild or recook.

Thanks.

Houdini Version: 17.5.309
Houdini Engine Version: 3.2.41
Unity Version: 2017.1.0p5
Edited by feiyangtianji - July 23, 2019 00:12:25

Attachments:
terrain_data_settings_in_houdini_network.png (196.0 KB)
terrain_data_settings_in_unity.png (725.7 KB)
terrain_data_settings_in_unity2.png (740.8 KB)

571 posts
Hmm this could be a bug due to Unity 2017.1 which uses the old terrain path. Could you try with Unity 2019.1? If its still a bug, please submit a bug report with an HDA. Thanks.
571 posts
I wonder if the file name of your TerrainData having the extra .bin.asset could be the reason. Could you remove .bin and try with just .asset?
5 posts
seelan
I wonder if the file name of your TerrainData having the extra .bin.asset could be the reason. Could you remove .bin and try with just .asset?
I have tried to remove ‘.bin’ in my TerrainData name, but it still use the default ‘TerrainData.asset’ file.
Edited by feiyangtianji - July 26, 2019 03:45:10

Attachments:
terrain_data_settings_in_unity3.png (196.5 KB)

571 posts
Working fine for me with Houdini 17.5.328 and Unity 2017.1.1f1.

Have you tried a fresh instance of your HDA (drag & drop another one into scene)?

Note that the plugin will still make a copy of the referenced TerrainData file into your working directory. It does not actually directly refer to the TerrainData file, but rather copy it at generation time. The reason is to keep the non-destructive workflow since the TerrainData will be modified during the terrain generation process.
5 posts
seelan
Working fine for me with Houdini 17.5.328 and Unity 2017.1.1f1.

Have you tried a fresh instance of your HDA (drag & drop another one into scene)?

Note that the plugin will still make a copy of the referenced TerrainData file into your working directory. It does not actually directly refer to the TerrainData file, but rather copy it at generation time. The reason is to keep the non-destructive workflow since the TerrainData will be modified during the terrain generation process.

Yes, I have tried a fresh instance. But it does not work for me. It seems that HDA create a new default TerrainData.asset first when it is instantiated. Then, when the terrain data asset paths is passed, the HDA instance only refresh the initial TerrainData.asset and copy the specified terrain data, but it does not update the reference to the copied terrain data asset when recook.
  • Quick Links