Vertex Animation Textures ROP 2.0 Released

59431   107   16
11 posts
ue4.25 fliud material broken, relink function could solve, but shadow can't be dynamic, in material preview window it's dynamic, but in editor and play mode, shadow not moving at all,still scattered trianlgels.
3 posts
Hey, I'm having an issue with VAT in unity built-in. So I'm doing destruction and it is fine in Houdini but it seems like the pivot is not working properly when I'm using in unity. And when I debugging with the VAT node in Houdini scale a little bit off. Please have a look.

Attachments:
CrateDestruction.hiplc (3.7 MB)

4 posts

Could you please tell me why there is no option for shader in my column? I want to export it to Unity, and Houdini version: 18.5.35
Unity version: 2019.4.F1, thank you.

Attachments:
002.png (91.4 KB)
001.png (75.3 KB)

Staff
99 posts
allen747423517
Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Could you please tell me why there is no option for shader in my column? I want to export it to Unity, and Houdini version: 18.5.35

In the top left drop-down menu, select "User Interface - Normal". Scroll to the bottom, go to Sample Shader Code tab. You can find various options there.
Mai Ao
Senior Technical Lead of SideFX Labs
youtube.com/@notverydarkmagic
12 posts
MaiAo
allen747423517
Image Not Found

Image Not Found

In the top left drop-down menu, select "User Interface - Normal". Scroll to the bottom, go to Sample Shader Code tab. You can find various options there.
Hi, I followed a tutorial by Simon on "vertex animation textures in Unreal" - Fluids and after creating the instance material there was no slot to put the lookup textures (like the screenshot in your documentation). I think this affected the material as after applying it, it was glitching but after restarting unreal, I could not see the fluid mesh any longer. Any help on how to fix this?
3 posts
dickonknowles
Hi,

I'm having issue with shadows. The animation is working correctly, I have a test scene where I have a box bouncing and spinning, works just fine. But the shadows don't seem to be moving with my box, they are only reacting the stating mesh, they aren't taking into account the VAT animation.

Any idea what I've missed?

Thanks

Hi, having the same issue. And progress so far?
1 posts
ttpetra
Hi, I followed a tutorial by Simon on "vertex animation textures in Unreal" - Fluids and after creating the instance material there was no slot to put the lookup textures (like the screenshot in your documentation). I think this affected the material as after applying it, it was glitching but after restarting unreal, I could not see the fluid mesh any longer. Any help on how to fix this?

I am also having this same issue. I tried updating Sidefx Labs to the latest version and importing the shaders from the demo scene but without any luck. Also, I noticed that houdini is not generating the lookup table texture. I get the "error rendering child" error on the VAT node which here (https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/74112/) people seem to say is a licensing issue. I'm on a full commercial license.

I'm using Houdini v 18.5.633, sidefx labs v 18.5.696 (I tried updating labs to .735, didn't seem to have an effect) and Ue plugin version 18.5.633, UE version 4.27.
Staff
99 posts
MSG_TaylorShechet
ttpetra

I am also having this same issue. I tried updating Sidefx Labs to the latest version and importing the shaders from the demo scene but without any luck. Also, I noticed that houdini is not generating the lookup table texture. I get the "error rendering child" error on the VAT node which here (https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/74112/) people seem to say is a licensing issue. I'm on a full commercial license.

I'm using Houdini v 18.5.633, sidefx labs v 18.5.696 (I tried updating labs to .735, didn't seem to have an effect) and Ue plugin version 18.5.633, UE version 4.27.

What material functions are you guys using in Unreal? Could you send me a screenshot?
Mai Ao
Senior Technical Lead of SideFX Labs
youtube.com/@notverydarkmagic
  • Quick Links