Severy memory leak in Win 8.1.859

4998   3   0
436 posts
Is SESI aware that there is a severe memory leak in latest versions on 8.1 Windows version.
I load a scene, and Hmaster takes 300mb of ram. I don't add anything to it. Justmove keyframesaround. The memory usage climbs until it goes over 1.2 gb of ram and hmaster freezes. Also the last version saved does not record the changes saved into it.
1908 posts
Coming onto the forum and saying there is a memory leak is rather vague. I would recommend sending an email to support@sidefx.com and include a copy of your hip file so they can attempt to find anything that may be causing you a severe memory problem.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
436 posts
It looks lile OGL textures. The memory leak happens a lot faster when displaying OGL textures, especcially if they are sequences.
I am not vague. It is not particular to any one scene. Its just the behavior of 8.1.859, and 822
1145 posts
And coming onto a forum to chastise someone for using said forum is unhelpful.
I often post what, I initially believe to be a bug, to the forum. This forum and the email list are the best access to a large group of experts who can quickly confirm my issue or lead me to a better identification and solution.
I will get a far quicker initial response here than directly from Sesi. No criticism with regards to staff response, it's a small crew and there's only so many hours.
The forum and email list reach a far greater body of talent, in multiple time zones.

grahamt
Coming onto the forum and saying there is a memory leak is rather vague. I would recommend sending an email to support@sidefx.com and include a copy of your hip file so they can attempt to find anything that may be causing you a severe memory problem.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
  • Quick Links