CHOPS frame offset

2560   3   0
83 posts
I am importing a camera .chan file into chops and then exporting the transforms to a camera node, and everything is working great.
However,by default the animation is starting at frame 1, and I am manually offsetting it to start at the frame I exported it at (frame 952) using a Shift node. Is there a way that I can do this more proceedurally? I am importing the frame attribute into the chopnet, so ideally I would use that for the offset instead of manually setting it. Maybe getting the first “frame” attribute and setting that as my offset start? My chops skills are very poor so I would love some advice.
I can't upload my scene or a picture but I can answer any questions. Thanks.
178 posts
The “lookup” CHOP will do that and fancier things too, or you can use a CHOP expression in the Shift node to look up the first sampled frame index.
731 posts
Well, if you know that the clip always starts at frame 0 you can use
$FSTART
in the offset parm of the shift CHOP. Make sure that units are set to FRAMES in the CHOP. (You can set an env var:
HOUDINI_CHOP_UNITS=frames
to ensure that your CHOPs all default to frames instead of seconds).
Edited by mrCatfish - Nov. 20, 2019 12:59:38
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
83 posts
jpparkeramnh
or you can use a CHOP expression in the Shift node to look up the first sampled frame index.

Thanks for your help, this is what I would ideally do. How could I get the first sampled frame index, do I need the lookup CHOP for that?
  • Quick Links