Pull out the render settings from the viewport?

1990   4   3
Staff
4158 posts
Is there a way to pull out the render settings from the viewport, and either save them to a file, or just use them in the node graph?

Thanks!
I'm o.d.d.
Staff
4432 posts
This might be possible in a “snapshot”-style system, where the render settings would be copied (via python script probably) from the viewport display options to a newly created render settings node… If that's what you're looking for, please submit an RFE. If not, please explain further
2034 posts
On that note.

When rendering with Karma in viewport(no Karma node); Is the render using the same default settings of the Karma node?
Staff
5154 posts
The viewport render settings are either taken from the active Render Settings prim (Persp > Render Settings) or the options found in the Render tab of the display options, if no Render Settings prim is used. The display option's render settings are initialized to the defaults specified by the render delegate.
Staff
4158 posts
mtucker
This might be possible in a “snapshot”-style system, where the render settings would be copied (via python script probably) from the viewport display options to a newly created render settings node… If that's what you're looking for, please submit an RFE. If not, please explain further

Yep, that's what I was looking for; logged RFE #102031.

Thanks!
I'm o.d.d.
  • Quick Links