GUI Problems

1938   5   2
15 posts
Hello,

I am unable to use Houdini due to a GUI problem (visible in the screenshot attached). I had Houdini installed on this PC before and with no issues, but after a certain version (don't know the version but close to 18 release), it just became unusable…

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alan

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (765.2 KB)

25 posts
please delete your houdini folder in your document folder and try again
15 posts
amin khormaei
please delete your houdini folder in your document folder and try again

Thanks but, did not work…
Staff
5158 posts
This is a bug in the Intel graphics driver released in fall 2019. A more recent driver fixes the issue.
375 posts
hello I have the same problem.
Here is the history of what happened :

- Using Hou v17.5 on Intel Graphics 530, Gigabyte motherboard, everything was fine
- Installed Hou v18 (around december 2019) and all hell broke loose. I had the same beautiful GUI as in the pic above.
- Houdini support told me Intel graphics is not compatible. So I told myself : should I purchase an Nvidia card?
- I had the idea to upgrade the Intel graphics driver around january 2020
- All went well! The GUI was back to normal.
- Yesterday I upgraded Intel graphics driver to the latest version. The same day I installed Hou 18.0.380 . NNoooo, the wrecked GUI was back.
- I decided to uninstall Intel Graphics driver : wrecked GUI still there.
- In device manager > display adapter > driver > uninstall driver : wrecked GUI still there.
- Then I wanted to reinstall the Intel driver: a message tells me I can't, I need the Gigabyte driver for Intel VGA.
- Gigabyte driver for Intel VGA refuses to install itself, tells me my system does not have the minimum requirement.
- Something weird : the app “Intel Graphics Command Center” tells me my driver is from Intel and is up to date, somehow I still have the latest Intel driver.
- NNNNOOOOOoooo!!!

I'm thinking about ordering a Nvidia card but is there something else I could do????

Thanks
Gz
Edited by Grendizer - Feb. 16, 2020 12:17:18
Houdini gamboler
375 posts
Update : yesterday, Intel Driver And Support Assistant installed the newest graphic driver and now all is well. Guess I'm gonna stick to this driver version then
Houdini gamboler
  • Quick Links