Nodes fail to cook, but cooks correctly when selected

3829   2   1
11 posts
Hi,
In my HDA a node fails to cook, thus outputting no geometry at all.
When investigating I can see that one (and subsequent) nodes do throw an error, but when I MMB to see the error or display-flag the failing node, it immediately cooks fine. In fact, if I manually display the last node, the graph cooks correctly and the output is as expected. Yet everytime I change the parameters of the first nodes, the same node fails again, but cooks the expected output when manually forced to re-cook.

I included some screenshots to illustrate the problem. It currently completely breaks 75% of all cooks in Unity, any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance
Edited by TiRi2501 - March 29, 2020 18:32:33

Attachments:
Cook fails.jpg (203.9 KB)
NodeCooks.jpg (147.7 KB)

1 posts
Hi,

I experienced exactly the same problem. I had several "measure" SOP to calculate stuff and it was the cause of my problem. I fixed it replacing them with another way (counting points instead of perimeter) I guess that using float values was not efficient for my graph... may be... who knows... :/
100 posts
Hi, this problem looks a bit more involved. I recommend submitting a bug report: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/38188/ [www.sidefx.com] Also, is it specific to the Unity plugin? The screenshots you provided only show Houdini.
  • Quick Links