edit capture weights broken ?

916   1   1
422 posts
As the topic says, is it ?

I've been trying to edit a rigged object for a few hours now, but it seems this feature is completely broken. It used to be flaky, but now I can't select any points anymore, no matter what hotkey / mouse button combination I try.

What I do is either select some points ( like in the manual ) and hit “Edit Capture Weights”. Then Houdini tells me to select some points ( which I already had ) but that seems to be impossible. Unless I leave the edit weights mode.

Or maybe there's a secret magic Houdini spell I'm not aware of ?

Houdini 18.0.460

Thanks.

R.
422 posts
Seems like I'm talking a lot to myself lately :-)

After some more trial and error I think I figured part of it.

Looks like the magic move is to first LMB + Ctrl double click on the geometry you want to edit, that will “highlight it”.

Then you can only drag rectangle select some points as long as the object is highlighted. As soon as the mouse pointer is no longer over the geometry, the geometry is no longer highlighted so you can't select points and have to Ctrl + LMB double click the object again to be able to select points.

So it seems you can't select any points when you start to drag select outside the geometry, you always have to start to drag while the mouse pointer is over the geometry.

Really?? Why ??

Or maybe there's an easier way ?

R.
  • Quick Links