Stadium Agent Loop Help

953   1   0
310 posts
I have a crowd sim where I am transitioning from a sit state which contains multiple clips to the same sit state. I have variance in the clip selection, which works after the first transition, but after that, the clip transitions back into the first clip, as opposed to any other clip with a matching pose. Then the agent proceeds to continue this loop of switching between the same two clips, instead of choosing any new clips.

I saw other posts regarding the same thing, but with no response, so I was hoping to try again in case some gurus know how to easily break this loop.

Also, as an example: In the Stadium Crowd Shelf Tool, if you disable the Sit To Stand Transition, you will see that all the agents continue the same loop since they have no transitions queued. I would want it so that when they get to the end of a clip, it randomly switches to another motion with the same starting position. I tried by adding my own transition node with a sit state to sit state transition, and as I mentioned it did work, but then looped.

Grateful for any help!
Thanks
310 posts
SOLVED: Turns out the task was a lot more difficult than I initially expected. The bright side is that I was able to use the Test Transition DOP included in the Stadium Example to extract the code I needed to accomplish my task. That has a pre-built randomize transition setup. If anyone struggles with the same thing, that example file is the key.
  • Quick Links