exporting multiple chan files from RBD glue objects..

2688   1   0
75 posts
I have an RBD sim with broken geometry using a rbd Glue object

I want to be able to export a separate .chan file for each piece of geom in the rbd glue object without having to make a separate chop network for every piece of geom and wire it up separately .
My supposed solution to this is that I want to make an hscript that loops over each node of the geom (the prim groups that makeup the rbdGlue object) and set the dynamics chop for each one, update the chop network, then write out the .chan file.
Alternately, I'd like to automate the creation of a separate chop network for each piece of geometry inside the rbdGlue object.. HOWEVER,

Both of these solutions require me to be able to get a string list of the primgroups that make up the geometry in the rbdGlue object

I've posted this question on odforce as well and the only response I got back was
to use the expression command primgrouplist

so I tried a test

created two spheres
merged them
grouped them (putting sphere1 in group 1)
grouped them again (putting sphere2 in group 2)

then run this command in the textport

`primgrouplist(“/obj/geo1/group2”)`;

and it returns
Unknown command: group1

which is giving me part of the proper return but not really what I want..
and why does it return “Unknown command”?????

what am I doing wrong here… I just need a command that I can get a list of the geometry that is in a RBDGlue object..

thanks

-j
75 posts
to get it to work in the texport, I had to echo the command..

on a separate but related note, does anybody have a fairly complex file with multi-line expressions.

My biggest issue with learning this stuff.. is that I can't find any complex scripts that really show you how all the syntax is used in both expression and hscript..

I would kill for just one or two good complex learning files to deconstruct..

anyway…. back to grinding..
  • Quick Links